slide01

ABOUT SARASWATHI VIDYALAYA

Saraswathi Vidyalaya was founded in May 1991 by late Prof. N. C. Nair, an eminent educationist under Ananthapuri Educational Society, a philanthropic and charitable Institution. The school follows the syllabus prescribed by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) 10+2 system. Within a short span of 23 years, the school has grown into a gigantic educational complex consisting of more than 4500 students, around 400 teaching and non-teaching staff.

The school is situated in the serene surroundings of Arappura, Vattiyoorkavu, Trivandrum. Saraswathi Vidyalaya, a reputed institution dedicated to the promotion of education and culture was set up in 1991 with the objective of ensuring excellence in the area of education. The Ananthapuri Educational Society - a charitable society registered under the Travancore - Cochin Educational and Charitable Societies Act of 1955, set up this institution. Saraswathi Vidyalaya is a Senior Secondary School affiliated under Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. The school is a recipient of ISO 9001-2000 certification for excellence in imparting education, perhaps second in whole of Kerala. It has in its rolls more than 3900 students, comprising of Nursery, Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Senior secondary levels.

Over the past twenty one years, the school has been providing the highest standards of education, along with equal stress on the development of the overall personality of the student. The emphasis has been to develop the intellectual, physical, aesthetic, mental and moral aspects inherent in the child, together with developing the qualities of leadership in those who are our nation's future. Locality The school is spread out into about 5 acres of land in heart of the city, but in a serene green belt on PTP Nagar - Vattiyoorkavu road. So you have all the facilities of the city as well as a congenial atmosphere which is apt and essential for learning.

Generic placeholder image

IN RETROSPECT

Started in May 1991 and situated at Arappura, Vattiyoorkavu, the Vidyalaya has made its mark in the field of education and ranked itself as a pace-setter as envisaged in Kothari Commission Report. Its debut without the usual fanfare, characteristic of modern institutions is merely indicative of the resolve of those dedicated men, distinguished in their respective fields in their own rights, to do quiet work and ensure qualitative excellence in a field marked of late by fierce competition and rank commercialism. In this era of knowledge explosion and the consequent mushrooming of spurious institutions peddling what passes for education the crying need of the hour is a re-structuring and re-orientation of the whole system. The founding fathers of this institution had precisely this in mind when they embarked upon this ambitious project. This school is administered by the Ananthapuri Educational Society - a charitable society registered under Travancore Cochin Literary, Scientific & Charitable Societies Act of 1955 (Act XII).

Generic placeholder image

Infrastructure

There resides a positive mind in a healthy body. In keeping with this diction we have worked upon the infrastructure to provide a conductive physical environment. We have added more divisions in conforming with the desired teacher, student ratio. More toilets have been constructed. Mother’s Lap play school has been moved to more spacious surroundings. We have upgraded facilities in the classrooms, in the libraries and in science laboratory. This year Maths Lab was inaugurated to help young minds engage in calculation in their own creative way. We are the first in Kerala for having technology integrated smart classrooms from LKG to XII . Surveillance cameras are installed in the secondary and higher secondary classes and in the entire main block & also introduced bus tracking system for the convenience of the parents of bus goers. To conserve energy and protect our environment, solar power plant has been installed to reduce the usage of electricity.